23 January 2008

I promise

I do not intend to turn this wobsite into a repository for movie reviews, but I just saw an AWEMAZING movie and feel the need to share my opinion about it with my reader(s?)

The Movie: Cloverfield
Basic Premise: People in New York, some thing BAD happens.

I will not give any spoilers here other than the occasional Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone spoiler so no need to worry about me ruining the movie.

My expectations: I expected something best described as terrifying awesome.

Results:I got that, and so much more. This is the best new movie I have seen in some time.
Dark, action filled cinematic genius is dominant here, interspersed properly with "explosions" and comedic moments. I Loved this film, and I now consider it one of my all-time favorites, along with The Goonies and Unbreakable.

Score: = explosions
This movie is best described as Super-Ultra-Great. The ending is perfect. This movie joins the legacy of films that receive my whole-hearted admiration and recommendation.

And if I am not dead, I am still alive today.

No comments: